AE Lenton group has an excellent reputation for producing quality cereals for the domestic and export markets.
AE Lenton group specialise in the production of premium vegetables for the UK retail food outlets.
• The CHP Unit has arrived and been installed.
• Electrical installation has continued including connections/cabling to the LV panel. Pipe work has also continued to be completed around the site.
• N.Allbones is currently putting the finishing touches around the site, completing the backfilling of any open trenches and preparing for concrete hardstand.
• The installation of the lagoon top liner has been completed as well as pipe work.
• A security system is in place and Security fencing is in the process of being installed.
• Excitingly, the maize crop is looking in good order and is due to be foraged within the next two or three weeks.
• The office block is in the process of having 1st fitting and it due to be finished early next month.
• Pipe work installation is continuing with the Biogas, Digestate and Heating systems all completed.
• The paddle mixers and pressure release valves to the tanks have been completed and the tank roofs will be installed shortly.
• The Cladding of the digester tanks will be commencing imminently by a local contractor J.B Taylor.
Keep checking our Twitter page for photo updates on the plants progress @ae_lenton
(30th September 2013)
• The solid feed system has been installed.
• The installation of the separator frame and tank platforms have been completed.
• The installation of the internal tank pipe work and paddle mixers are in progress.
• The construction of the office building is nearing completion.
• Work has commenced on the installation of the electrical equipment and connection including the transformer.
• Work is progressing satisfactorily and to schedule with tank cladding to be completed in September. We will be looking to start harvesting maize at the end of September to be fed to the plant during October and be producing electricity shortly after.
• Installation of the flare stack, control and header equipment containers is complete.
• The base liner and cover for the lagoon has been completed. Pipe work to the lagoon will start in September.
(12th September 2013)
•We welcome Mark Wallace (AD Manager) to the A E Lenton Group. Mark started with us on the 1st July and we are pleased to say he has settled into his new job very well, he is currently studying every aspect of the project to understand the process so that we hit the ground running when the start up day arrives. Mark has also undertaken the day to day management of the project with F.L.I.
•Digester tanks have all been pressure tested, leaks in digester 1 and digester 2 where found but have sealed them self's after 24 hours. Leaks when pressure testing is quite normal, the chemicals used in the membrane at the base react to water and expand to seal up any holes.
•Lagoon construction has been completed, Allbones are currently lining the base and side walls with a screen of soil to protect the liner when this is fitted in the lagoon.
•The gas pipe cooling system has been laid and connected, pressure testing is currently taking place, although the wet weather over the last few days has coursed the pipes to lift, which slightly delayed this process.
•Excitingly a lot of the equipment has arrived on site from Holland which F.L.I will start putting together over the next few weeks.
•Allbones has started back filling soil around the tanks, site back filling should all be completed by the 1st week of August. They have also started the silage clamp walls and drainage channels.
•The base for the trioliet feed hopper has been laid. The trioliet will be put in place 1st week August.
•The office building foundations have been completed, block work has started and details like the windows have been chosen. The Office should be completed by 1st week September.
•We have seen some rapid growth in the maize crop over the last few weeks due to the warm weather, AEL farms are monitoring all the varieties closely so that the best performing varieties are picked for 2014.
•We are still on schedule to have the construction completed for sometime in September.
(31st July 2013)
•The first cut of grass has been done and although it is not needed for the plant at this present time it has been a good test run in understanding the process of harvesting and Handling.
•FLI have confirmed that a local engineer has been contacted with regards to designing a lagoon in conjunction with AEL. The lagoon is programmed to be lined at the end of July and to be operating by the end of August.
•The position for AD operator has been successfully filled and we are pleased to announce Mark Wallace from the local area has accepted this position. His position will begin on 1st July.
•All varieties of maize have begun to emerge and look well.
•The concrete walls of the digester tanks have been cast and the three tanks are well on their way to being completed. There will be water tests done on them towards the end of June.
•Andy Challender has taken over as the project manager for FLI.
•The project is presently on programme and the construction of the tanks are slightly ahead of schedule.
•Suitable areas for the electrical installation to enable effective execution of groundwork's operations are currently being chosen.
•The permit application has been submitted to the environment agency.
•Major equipment items are now on order and will begin to arrive in July.
•The silage clamp drainage system will be put into place by the second week of July.
(21st June 2013)
Work on the AEL Biogas AD plant is progressing well with the digester tanks now in place. Next step is construction of the Lagoon & office block.. Keep checking our twitter page for further updates and photos @ae_lenton
(11th June 2013)
•The piling has finished and construction of the digester tanks has begun on top. We are currently a week ahead of the schedule.
•Maize drilling has gone really well and is predicted to be finished in the last week of May.
•The interviews for AD operator have been done; with over 15 applicants from all over the country we are currently assessing them. We aim to have the successful applicant in position by mid/end June.
•Site safety is being managed by FLI and a Hazard and Operability study has taken place over a two day period to go through the plant design to ensure that it can be operated and maintained satisfactorily following completion.
•The concrete walls of the digester tanks are ready to be cast with reinforced concrete these are scheduled to be finished mid June.
•The next phase of civils works will include plinths for equipment and the building of the office block with the Lagoon construction starting June/July.
(23rd May 2013)
•Site works have begun with the arrival of the cabins and earth works in progress which has been carried out by KS Albone the civils contractor.
•The piling has begun in preparation for the piling mat for the Digester tanks and after Digester; this is ahead of schedule and may finish week ending 19th April. The construction of the digesters will follow this.
•Site traffic management plan is in place.
•The electricity cable has been laid up to the electricity box point in preparation for export of electricity from the site.
•Negotiations with the Environment Agency are ongoing to make sure the plant meets all regulations. A meeting has occurred regarding laying the hedge along the B155 road side.
•Construction is on schedule and we are focusing on the next phase of civils work including the concrete plinths for equipment and site drainage.
•We have started talks with PPA's suppliers to quota for the plants electricity sales.
(18th April 2013)
• F.L.I appointed as main contractor ..
• Local Civil contractor K Allbones appointed to carry out all project civil work.
• Site cabins arrived and positioned on site.
• Site Welfare and traffic management plans being developed.
• Site manager in residence on site for the duration of the project.
• Health and safety Executive notified of commencement of construction.
• Site works will be commencing with earth works.
• Support piling will be carried out during the month in readiness for the digester tanks, together with the installation of the electrical cable for export of electricity from the site.
• Site traffic management plan put in plan.
• Negotiations with the Environment Agency are ongoing to make sure the plant meets all regulations.
(1st March 2013)
A E Lenton has recently join the world of Twitter. Keep upto date or tweet us @AE_Lenton
(2nd April 2012)
As part of the Linfresh Foods Producer Organisation A.E. Lenton has shared access to a new Garford Robocrop inter-row mechanical Weeder. This machine should reduce the need for Chemical weed control accross the whole Linfresh group!
(15th September 2010)